Thursday, April 4, 2013

Open Letter to Maggie Wilderotter

Dear Ms. Wilderotter,

     I would like to share my most recent experience with your company, Frontier Communications.  As CEO of Frontier Communications, I am certain you will be interested in the thoughts and concerns of one of your valued customers.

     I receive my bills via email and recently received an email from your company.  This email simply states that a bill is available and lists the total of this bill.  I noticed, in my recent correspondence from your company, that my bill had increased by $6 from the previous month.  As this seemed odd, I proceeded to your website to chat with a customer service representative.

    The Customer service representative was most helpful.  She informed me that all customers received notice of the increase on the previous month's bill.  After I logged into my account, clicked on the previous month's bill, and scrolled down to page 4, I noticed the "Important Customer Information."  That information was as follows:

"As one of our valued broadband customers, we are very
excited to report that over the last 24 months Frontier
has upgraded our broadband network to deliver greater
Internet speeds and capacity. This investment was made
to provide you with an improved customer experience.
We are also updating our broadband pricing plans to
offer multiple tiers of products and services designed to
respond to the differing needs of each and every
customer. As a result of these changes, we are
discontinuing older services and moving our customers to
one of our new service offerings. Please visit
www.frontier.com/FAQ or contact Customer Service at
888-638-5200 to discuss which of our current offers and
promotions will best meet your needs. Alternatively, if
we do not hear from you, effective with next month's bill
you will be moved to our Simply Broadband Max offering
that will continue to provide you with Frontier data
services, at one data service price (you will no longer see
additional charges for a modem fee or a high-speed
surcharge). The monthly cost for your new Simply
Broadband Max offering may result in an increase up to
$6.00. We look forward to continuing to meet all of your
communications needs."

     It would strike me that there should have been a little more transparency with this change.  Through no fault of my own, I apparently was not paying your company enough money.  Now, this is a matter of opinion because I felt that the charge was not only sufficient, it was probably outrageously inflated.  Anyway, my rate has apparently now increased and will continue to increase until I am paying you a satisfactory monthly fee.  (Again, your opinion, not mine).

     I suppose I will live in a perpetual state of uncertainty and just hope and pray that you do not decide that my monthly fee for internet should be one million dollars.  I sure would not be able to afford that.  I guess the point of my letter is, if you intend to increase my rates, maybe you could just send me an email and let me know?  I think you should have my email address, after all you send my bill there every month.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment